EP 6. The Road To Salvation Part Two: Answering Some of The Tough Questions Christians Are Asked Today

Y'all I'm so excited about this series with Debbie McDougal and can't believe that part two is already out!! So, just in case if you haven't listened to it yet go do so now! To stay up to date with us follow us on Instagram!! 

In these show notes, I will be listing all the resources/verses we talked about and/or used throughout this episode separated by each question we answered that it corresponds with. 


Why do bad things happen to "good" people? 
Are we really "good" people? No. We are sinners. We can't be "good" people and sinners at the same time. 
    - Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"


Why would God let people got to hell in the first place?
    - John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
    - John 6:39-40 Jesus speaking "This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
    - 1 Timothy 2:4 "who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
    - Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
    - Matthew 10:32-33 Jesus speaking "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. 


Do I really matter to God? 
    - Matthew 6:28b Jesus speaking "... Consider the lilies of the field, hoe they grow: they neither toil nor spin;"
    - Matthew 10:29-31 Jesus speaking "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hair of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
    - Psalm 139:13-14 "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.


Isn't following Jesus just all about following rules?
No, following Jesus is about having relationship with Him, not about following rules. 
    - Revelation 3:20 Jesus speaking "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."


How can I trust the Bible to be true? 
    - John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
    - 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,"
    - Psalm 12:6 "The words of the Lord are our words, Like silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times."
    - Psalm 119:96 "I have seen the consummation of all perfection, But Your commandment is exceedingly broad."
    - Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."


How can you believe in the Bible if it is not scientifically proven? 
Same thing as above you need to have faith that it is real and know that God's word is infallible. 


  


Comments